Mums Advice on working around tribalism / racism

Everyone thinks their mum is the wisest woman that ever lived and I am no exception. I usually feel like I need a tape recorder to capture all the advice she gives me so that I can have records to pass on to my daughter and granddaughters.

So I have been a bit worried about making my career break in Kenya after hearing a lot about tribalism how hard it is to get a job nowadays especially  if you are not from the 'right' tribe and so I asked my mum how she has survived tribalism or racism in her past and her email back as usual inspired me.

"We just do our work in an excellent way as our Creator has given us his talent. We are confident that he has breathed the spirit into us and so he dwells in us. Abiding by the same excellence, no man's designs will derail you.Simply live courageously and thrive! for He is with you always"

This is the same message as Isaiah 54:17

No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgement thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.

So as long as God is on your side and you work according to his will and instructions no acts of racism or tribalism can derail you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Four qualities that will make you attractive to most men

Top 10 Flirting Basics

The importance of having many male suitors or admirers.